Friday 24 September 2010

0

Lebanese politics: where "he who rides my mum, becomes my uncle."

  • Friday 24 September 2010
  • Fouad GM
  • Share

  • I came across this quote while reading someone's reflections on a certain Lebanese politician. I however, would like to dedicate it to almost every Lebanese politician, za`im and partisan. I use the word 'almost' for objectivity's sake, though it might be out of place.

    صاحبنا كان صاحب بشير الجميل ، ثم أمين الجميل ، ثم صاحب الرئيس الهراوي و صاحب كل العهود ، فهو صاحب اختصاص بالصداقات المرحلية ، و هو صديق حميم لكل من جاء على قاعدة من ركب أمي صار عمي ، صاحبنا كان له أكثر من خمسين عم ، منذ السلطان سليم الأول إلى نابليون و هو قادم لحصار عكا ، إلى عهد المتصرفية ، و من داوود باشا إلى واسا باشا و كل باشا ، إلى الجنرال كاترو إلى ديغول إلى كل العهود و الرموز .

    0 Responses to “Lebanese politics: where "he who rides my mum, becomes my uncle."”

    Post a Comment